IELTS The International English Language Testing System
The International English Language Testing System, or IELTS for short, is a mandatory international level test for Non-Native English language speakers who are aiming to study or work in native English speaking countries.
The concept behind this test is to assess the feasibility of potential students or workers in all aspects of English language usage. Thus, it assesses them on how well they can communicate in oral and written forms along with comprehending what they have heard and read.
Students aspiring to study in the topmost universities and colleges of the English-speaking world need to clear an English language proficiency test. Non-native speakers of English have to show that they can read, write, speak, and understand English, so as to be able to follow lectures, study, take exams, and interact comfortably with fellow students, teachers and the local population. For this purpose as well as for the purpose of immigration, a standardized English language proficiency test for non-native English speakers has been established as a pre-requisite for the selection process. IELTS is the world’s most popular English language proficiency test and a world of opportunity awaits those who clear the required scores.
What is IELTS?
The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is conducted by three institutions, namely, the British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment (University of Cambridge).
- IELTS is the most impartial and trustworthy English proficiency test available for the purposes of the study, work, and immigration.
- Most academic institutions in English-speaking countries, like, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and an increasing number of educational institutions in the United States, accept IELTS for study.
- For work purposes, many professional organizations recognize IELTS as the standard test.
- For migration, IELTS is required or accepted for permanent residency by the governments of the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
- IELTS is developed by education and language experts with vast experience in teaching English, conducting exams and producing educational content.
- IELTS test material is exhaustively researched and is constantly in the process of being reviewed and updated by experts and academics.
- In view of the varied backgrounds, nationalities, genders, the people taking the IELTS exam, care is taken to ensure that the test is unbiased and neutral.
- It is an internationally relevant test because it accepts both British and American spellings.
- The test makes use of Australian, British and American accents, thus covering the major English-speaking accents.
All our courses are offered through our Online Classes. We take the Live Classes directly to your home and offices. You are able to attend our live classes from the comfort of your home and learn without having to go to a traditional Brick and Mortar School or set foot on a Physical Campus. All topics are covered in our live online classes with emphasis and focus placed on key examination areas. You do not require any specialized piece of equipment. A stable internet connection and a working computer are all you need.